Dental Hygiene and Gum Care
There are five surfaces to our teeth. Remember to brush your teeth 3 times a day because plaque forms on your teeth within an hour of eating foods or taking sugar drinks. Daily optimum dental hygiene and teeth care is taught at Eternal Smiles.
Our experienced team focus on helping you achieve optimum oral health.
- 90-95% of the adult population has some form of periodontal disease * Healthy gums do not bleed
- With a thorough assessment we can diagnose and treat gum disease at its earliest stages
- If your mouth is diseased it can affect your entire body
- We can ensure you are on the appropriate maintenance programme so you have the correct tools to help you achieve optimum oral health
- We can help you keep your teeth for life
- People live longer, more beautiful lives if they have their natural teeth
- A programme of hygiene will be recommended to help you achieve optimum oral health like Rebecca and Neil have.
What must I do to have great Dental Hygiene and Gums?
The Rinse Protocol : Rinse your mouth on the left side and spit out. Then the right side and spit out the water. Lastly, rinse the front top and bottom teeth seperately and spit out.
Do it within an hour after a meal.
First You need to brush your teeth after eating. Next use the rinsing protocol above.
Next use interdental brushes between your teeth if our dentist has recommened it for you. Next use the rinsing protocol above.
Lastly use the floss to remove the plaque between your teeth. We can teach you how to do this using the proper Zig Zag technique.
What Are The Benefits of a Regular Dental Hygiene and Gum Care?
Even with regular brushing and flossing, it is easy to miss tartar and plaque build-up which creates an environment for bacteria to flourish. Dental cleanings prevent gum disease and tooth loss, but more importantly, it removes stains and enhances your smile and gum health for years.
- Prevents gingivitis which causes inflammation and bleeding gums.
- Cleanings lower the risk of high dental bills because they prevent cavities and gum disease which leads to decay and requires more extensive dental treatments.
- Cleaning removes stains from soda, tea, wine, or inhalants which helps maintain fresh breath and healthy white teeth.
Cut down on sugar, and other lifestyle tips
Have a healthy lifestyle, including eating well, not smoking and limiting your alcohol and sugar intake. It’s good for your whole body, including your teeth, gums and mouth. And this is the holistic dental approach at Eternal Smiles Dental Centre.
Start at the bottom of the pocket and move up the side of the tooth. Go back in the same space and do the side of the other tooth. Alway zig-zag up the side fo the tooth will give a better result than pull straight up.
Don't Dental Treatments
If you leave it the hole gets bigger as many patients find out after leaving cavities untreated. Imagine gum disease left untreat will destroy the bone around the tooth foundation. There are a wide range of dental treatments available. Some, such as holistic white fillings and gum treatments, are readily available at Eternal Smiles Dental Centre.
Most Important Facts To Remember
Brushing and flossing help get rid of most plaque, but some plaque is more difficult to remove and will harden and form tartar. Only cleaning by a dental professional can remove tartar.
Unremoved plaque and tartar will not only cause decay, but also work its way under the gums and lead to serious gum disease. Eventually, the disease process could become so advanced the only treatment is the extraction of the tooth.
Proper care of the teeth and gums requires minimal time commitment. A healthy diet, a consistent oral home hygiene program, and regular professional cleanings and checkups will keep teeth and gums in excellent shape, and leave you with a beautiful, healthy smile.